SPEAK Mentorship develops the social and cultural capital of girls to become leaders in the workforce.
A more diverse future workforce with more women of color of all backgrounds in positions of power across a variety of careers.
- Create and promote projects to build awareness and truly empower high school girls from immigrant families to identify and pursue opportunities for themselves
- Create, empower, and inspire a network of passionate professional women to help guide female youth and create a community around that that youth
- Pool the community’s resources to make a greater impact and influence to stimulate development of the community from within
- Facilitate dialogue between key players in a young girl’s life to help support and increase opportunity
- Girls walk away with greater knowledge and experience with tech platforms and tools
- Girls develop a peer community and safe space within their school through SPEAK Chapter Clubs, making new friends, finding a sense of belonging, and increasing their confidence and self-esteem
- Girls meet with multiple culturally responsive mentors to learn about their own cultures and other cultures, increasing their self-awareness, awareness of others, and developing their identity
- Girls learn new career specific skills, career ecosystems, civic engagement opportunities through multiple mentors
- Girls increase their academic and social emotional skills, developing a greater sense of engagement during school as mentoring sessions often tie into school activities
- Many girls develop leadership skills, either through our Ambassador Program or through our other activities, such as Speaker Series, SPEAK Summit, SPEAK Summer Camp
- Girls possess more self-agency to pursue opportunities that lead to economic empowerment
- Communities are lifted through the empowerment of daughters